The dental crown process in Turkey may be slightly different from getting it done at your local dentist. After all, getting dental treatment in a foreign country needs a little more preparation. But the results are equally as, if not all the more, beautiful.
And the best part? Getting dental crowns in Turkey is so much more affordable than at home. Turkey is home to specialists in all fields of dentistry that render quality dentistry at a reasonable cost. And treatment with dental crowns is one of them.
Like at the dentist near you, dental crowns in Turkey are made using innovative dental technology with materials that boast durability, comfort, and likeness to your natural teeth. The result is dental crowns of incredible artistry that will make you smile more.
Read “Dental Crown Process – A Short Guide on What to Expect” to learn more about the dental crown process in Turkey and how you can book your next appointment with us to finally achieve that beautiful smile.
What is a dental crown?
Imagine a tooth cap placed over a decayed or broken tooth. This is what a dental crown (dental restoration) is.
It is made of tooth-coloured resin or porcelain that covers a worn-down tooth to restore its natural beauty and structural integrity. It also protects the tooth from further damage, saving it from possible tooth extraction.
Dental crowns are often the treatment of choice if the tooth decay is too extensive for a filling but can still be preserved to avoid its removal. Some reasons why your dentist may recommend a dental crown include the following:
- Severe tooth stains or discolorations
- Large tooth decay and fractures
- Tooth with severe wear and tear
- Post-restoration after root canal treatment or dental implant
What are the different types of dental crowns?
There are several different types of dental crowns available, each with their own advantages and disadvantages. These include grind or porcelain-fused-to-metal crowns, all-ceramic crowns or all-porcelain crowns, metal crowns, and zirconia crowns. The cost of the treatment depends on the type of the crown.
Each type has its own unique properties and is best suited for specific situations. Visit your dentist and he or she will recommend the most appropriate type of crown for your individual needs.
This is the most basic and affordable type of dental crown. It is made from a metal base that serves to provide most of the strength of the dental crown and a porcelain outer layer for aesthetic purposes.
This type of porcelain crown is popular for creating the most natural-looking smile. It is of a transparent ceramic material, cut thinly for lighter and more comfortable wear while still providing reliable strength.
Currently, the newest material for crowns is made of zirconium. This is the strongest material that can last you a very long time, even with daily wear and tear from biting and chewing.
What are the steps of getting a dental crown?
Several steps comprise the dental crown procedure, but it usually covers four basic procedures. Here’s what you can expect when getting a dental crown:
1. Preparing the tooth
Getting a dental crown usually takes two visits. During your first appointment, the tooth will be prepared to receive the future dental crown. The dentist will examine and prepare the tooth.
A local anesthetic will numb the area before your dentist removes the decayed portion of the tooth. Then, the tooth is shaved down for a better fit and crown placement.
2. Taking an impression
Once your dentist is satisfied, an impression of the tooth is taken. Some dental clinics use traditional impression material. This is a goo that is pressed over the surrounding teeth.
Meanwhile, other modern clinics use digital dental impressions as computer aided designs. The impression is then sent to the dental lab, where your dental crown is made.
3. Fitting a temporary crown
As you wait for your new dental crown, a temporary crown (“day crown”) is placed over the prepared tooth. This avoids any damage to the weak natural tooth, prevents the risk of infection, and also keeps you smiling confidently while a sturdier dental crown is in the works.
A temporary crown is usually made of resin material. Because it is pretty delicate, extra care is needed to prevent chipping or fracturing.
4. Cementing the permanent dental crown
After 1 – 2 weeks, your crown should be ready for cementation. Your dentist will remove the temporary crown to fit the permanent crown. It should blend seamlessly with the tooth next to it in terms of shape, size, and colour. Once everything is perfect, cement is placed underneath the crown; then, it is capped over your tooth.
Getting dental crowns in Turkey at Cosmedica Dental
The dental crown process at Cosmedicadental in Turkey is an experience unlike any other. We provide our patients with travel and leisure amenities during their entire stay.
At Cosmedicadental, you can enjoy the following dental health and dental tourism luxuries and more:
- Global standards in dental crowns: Whether Emax porcelain crown or zirconium, we use exceptional materials and techniques that rival those in first-world clinics. Each dental crown is created with artistic skill and precision to fit your smile and features.
- Pre- and post-op care and support: Our team is always at your disposal, from your online consultation, even after your treatment. We will regularly check up on your progress even from miles away. You can count on us to put your peace of mind a priority.
- VIP transfers and accommodation: Depending on your package of choice, we will arrange your daily hotel stay and transfers to and from your accommodation to the airport and clinic. This is surely a luxurious trip that will leave you in awe as you travel for leisure and health.
- World-class care from skilled dentists and trained staff: With unparalleled expertise and knowledge, our dental team and hospitality managers will make your travel and treatment smooth sailing. You will find your home away from home as we are committed to your comfort and well-being.
- Affordable costs and a 5-star experience: There are many reasons to smile with dental crowns at Cosmedica Dental in Turkey. And among these is our reasonable package costs that are kind to you and your wallet!
Ready to book your consultation?
Our packages for dental crowns in Turkey are available to view on our website. If you have any questions, let our team know! We’ll get in touch with you as soon as possible so we can kickstart your smile journey right away.
Aside from dental crowns in Turkey, we also offer other dental and health treatments. Call your dentist and get in touch with our team at Cosmedicadental to learn more!