Understanding the technology behind Invisalign
Each patient receives a customized treatment plan created using state-of-the-art 3D imaging technology. This allows for accurate prediction of the movements of your teeth during the treatment process.
The aligner splints are made of comfortable, transparent plastic and are manufactured individually for you. Each set is worn for approximately two weeks and gently shifts the teeth according to the treatment plan.
The gradual shifts lead to a gradual correction of your teeth position. Progress is monitored and adjusted through regular inspections and replacement of the rails.
The treatment process
1. Initial Consultation & 3D Imaging and Treatment Plan
The process begins with an in-depth examination by an Invisalign-certified professional. This will check whether Invisalign is the right option for teeth straightening.
A customized treatment plan is created using state-of-the-art 3D imaging align technology. This shows the planned movements of the teeth throughout the entire treatment.
2. Making the Aligners
3. Adjustment of the first splint
4. Changing Aligners & Regular checks
Every few weeks, you will switch to a new set of aligners, which will cause the teeth to progressively shift according to the treatment plan.
Regular visits to the specialist are required during treatment to monitor progress and ensure that the teeth are moving according to the plan.
5. Completion of treatment
The duration of treatment varies depending on the individual case, but can usually range between 12 and 18 months. It is important to wear the aligners consistently and follow the professional’s instructions for optimal results.
Advantages and disadvantages of Invisalign treatment
- Aesthetics: The transparent aligners are almost invisible, making them more aesthetically pleasing than traditional braces.
- Comfort: The splints are made of soft plastic, which makes them more comfortable compared to metal braces. Invisalign aligners can be removed for eating and dental care, increasing comfort in everyday life.
- Less restrictions on eating: There are no restrictions on eating as the aligners can be removed.
- Discipline and consistency: The effectiveness of Invisalign depends heavily on how consistently the aligners are worn. Not wearing it may affect the course of treatment.
- Limitations for severe misalignments: In some cases, traditional braces may be more effective, particularly for complex or severe misalignments.
- Adjustment time and speech adjustments: There may be an adjustment period and slight speech adjustments at the beginning of treatment while the tongue gets used to the aligners.
- Cost: Although costs vary from country to country, Invisalign treatments can be more expensive than traditional braces.
It is important to discuss individual pros and cons with an Invisalign-certified professional to determine whether Invisalign is the right option for individual needs. Our staff at Cosmedica Dental dental clinic in Turkey can answer any questions you may have!
Why go to Turkey for Invisalign?
- Cost savings: The cost of Invisalign treatments in Turkey is often lower compared to many Western European countries or the USA. This allows people to receive quality dental treatments at a more affordable price.
- Quality of treatment: Turkish dental clinics and Invisalign specialists are often highly qualified and up to date with the latest technology. They offer first-class treatments using the most modern methods.
- Experience and Expertise: Turkish dentists and specialists often have extensive experience in Invisalign treatment and are able to effectively address individual needs.
Invisalign in Turkey - The Cost
The cost of Invisalign in Turkey may vary depending on the individual case. In general, the prices for Invisalign treatments in Turkey are often cheaper compared to many Western European countries. The exact price depends on a variety of factors, including the severity of the misalignment, the length of treatment, and the number of aligners required.
Tips for success
- Consistency in Wear: Wear your Invisalign trays consistently for the recommended amount of time per day, usually around 20 – 22 hours a day. Consistency is crucial for effective results.
- Follow the treatment plan: Follow the treatment plan carefully and change the aligners according to your professional’s instructions. This is important to achieve the desired progress.
- Good oral hygiene: Maintain good oral hygiene. Brush and rinse your teeth after meals before reinserting the aligners to reduce tooth decay and bacterial growth.
- Follow-up care: After treatment is complete, it may be necessary to wear a retainer to stabilize the results achieved. Follow your professional’s aftercare instructions carefully.
Invisalign offers a modern, comfortable method for correcting misaligned teeth (malocclusion) that is aesthetically pleasing and effective.